Welcome to Trident Aircraft!
We welcome students from all over the world and look forward to providing you the best training experience available anywhere.
At Trident Aircraft, we offer pilot training courses that are tailored to meet the needs of our international students. Whether starting from zero flight hours or if you come to us with previous flight experience, we can tailor a program that will help you obtain your personal and professional goals.
Trident Aircraft is committed to facilitating a smooth enrollment process and providing you with an unmatched training experience to help make your dream of becoming a professional pilot come true.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT Admissions PROCESS FOR M1 VISA
The application process for international students requires a few steps. Students who are legally living in the US on a valid Visa may not need to apply for an M-1 Visa. However; all international students will be required to apply for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) approval to train in the US. For more information on the process of gaining TSA approval, click here.
If you require an M-1 Visa, you must receive clearance from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by submitting a SEVP I-20 Application to Trident Aircraft. Once you have completed this application and paid the application fee, an I-20 will be mailed to you. Upon receipt of the I-20, you should make an appointment with your US Embassy or Consulate to obtain your M-1 Visa. You should apply for the Visa at least 120 days prior to your program start date. Once you receive the Visa, you may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to your program start date.
The following requirements for International Students must be met before Trident Aircraft can issue the I-20 form for your student M1 Visa:
1. You must be able to read, write, and speak English
2. Completed the on-line Trident Aircraft International Application.
• There must be no blank sections on the Application.
• To expedite the process, use our online application. You must also scan and email the forms and documents to Trident Aircraft.
3. The following documents will need to be sent and/or emailed along with the application:
• Color copy of Passport, including expiration date.
• Signed copy of Trident International Student application.
4. Proof of financial responsibility:
• An official bank document showing that you have funds available for flight training desired and living expenses,
• A Declaration of Finances form must also be completed and signed.
5. Application Fee: You will pay this on-line when you complete the on-line application. Trident Aircraft will then send you an acceptance letter via email.
• Application fee of $200.00 is payable by credit card through the on-line application process.
• Trident Aircraft will not process any paperwork (I-20) until the application fee has been received.
6. SEVIS Fee: Trident Aircraft will then mail the I-20 form to you. Once you receive your I-20 form, you will need to log into SEVIS and pay your I-901 fee.
• Important: the information you enter on the Form I-901 must match exactly as is shown on the Form I-20.
• The current cost for this is $200, please check the SEVIS website for up to date pricing. You may pay this fee by credit card online or you can print out the application and send it with a money order issued by an American bank. You will receive a receipt immediately after registration. Later you will receive your official receipt of payment in the mail. You must have this receipt when visiting the US Embassy to apply for your Visa (you will also need to show the receipt to Trident Aircraft upon your arrival for flight training).
• Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at www.fmjfee.com.
7. Embassy Interview: Next you must call the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an appointment to receive approval of the M-1 Visa. The student will then go to the U.S. Embassy with the appropriate documents for a routine interview.
Appropriate documents include: Form I-20; Passport; Financial Statements; Receipt for payment of Form I-901. The student will be notified as to whether they have been approved or disapproved. If all is in order, the U.S. Embassy will provide the student with a M-1 Student Visa, permitting the student to enter the U.S. The length of time for this process varies from country to country. It may be a good idea to practice your interview with a friend or family member and to research the aviation field in your home country.
Three of the most important questions asked by the Embassy are as follows:
• Why you would like to become a pilot?
• What assurance can you give us that you will return to your home country after completion of your flight training?
• How do you know that you can obtain a position as a pilot after returning home?
8. TSA Background Check: Fill out application for a background check with TSA online. The application-processing fee for each course is currently $130, please check the TSA website for current pricing. The name on the credit card used must match the name on the application. If there is no fingerprinting agency located in your home country, you will need to have the fingerprint portion completed after entering the United States. You can verify if there is an agency in your home country by going to the link below and completing the form, after which, an email will be sent to you requesting fingerprints and you will be given access to a website that will show you all fingerprinting agencies. The TSA fee does not have to be paid until after you have received approval for your M-1 Visa. www.flightschoolcandidates.gov
If you are unable to process fingerprints in your home country, Trident Aircraft can schedule an appointment for you locally. Please allow 5-7 business days for TSA fingerprint processing. Please note that you will not be able to begin your flight training program until your TSA fingerprints have been processed and Trident receives final approval from the TSA for your flight training.
9. When doing the online TSA application you will need the following information:
Courses: Initial (for Private), Instrument, Multi-engine. Course numbers are 101 for Private, 201 for Instrument and 301 for multi-engine. Trident Aircraft does not have a student ID number. You are also Category 3 (12,500 lbs or less). For the duration dates of the course always put one year. Be sure to put your start date as 30 days after making this application.
10. Insurance: All International Students must purchase a “Medical/Accident” Insurance Policy prior to arriving in the U.S., for the length of time they are in flight training at Trident Aircraft.
11. Time to pack your bags! After receiving an M-1 Visa, the student must provide Trident Aircraft with the details of his/her travel arrangements before entry to the United States. Upon request, Trident can schedule a pick up service from the airport through the local shuttle service. Trident suggests you fly directly into the Thurgood Marshall-Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
12. Welcome to Trident Aircraft! You are on your way to becoming a Professional Pilot!