How It Works
Veterans must submit a request for benefits to their local VA office, which will then issue a letter declaring the individual’s eligibility. Once this letter is furnished to Trident Aircraft, the veteran must submit the following documentation as additional proof of eligibility:
- FAA Private Pilot Certificate
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (valid passport or birth certificate/photo ID)
- First or Second Class Medical certificate issued by FAA-certified Aviation Medical Examiner
- Trident Aircraft rental agreement and account information sheet
- Washington, D.C. SFRA course completion certificate (required to act as PIC within 60nm of Washington, D.C.)
If you have not previously applied for VA Benefits, you can apply on-line. After completion and approval by the VA for training you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from VA. Simply bring this certificate along with your DD214 Record of Service, Private Certificate and Medical Certificate to Trident and we will help you initiate the applications to VA.
If you are already enrolled in training at another institution, and would like to pursue vocational flight training with Trident, simply complete a VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training and bring it, along with your certificates, to Trident to initiate the application process.